Get cash back on your astronomy and other purchases: Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Starting My Astronomy Blog

I intend to document my journey back into amateur astronomy.  I don't know if anyone else will find anything of use in my ramblings, but who knows.

Several years ago I owned a Celestron C4.5 reflector on an equatorial mount and greatly enjoyed using it in my parent's back yard.  It was a great little scope, but over time other interests took over and eventually I decided to sell it.  Fast forward a few years and my son, 8 at the time, became a science fanatic.  His main interest at the time was astronomy.  His interest has sparked my own interest as well.  He received a Celestron PowerSeeker 70AZ refractor as a gift and we have had a lot of fun using it together.

We also picked up a DSLR a while ago, so I have begun playing around with astrophotography.  I can't spend a lot on equipment for a tracking mount, so I'm looking into a DIY solution.  More to come on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment