Get cash back on your astronomy and other purchases: Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Where's the astronomy?

I know, too much electronics mumbo-jumbo.  Where's the astronomy?  Well, it's been pretty cloudy and this weekend it's raining, so no observing.  I've been doing more research though, and I'm leaning more towards the Apertura AD10 now.  I'm going to go to OPT this weekend to take a look at scopes again.  They don't carry the Apertura line, but they do carry the Orion scopes.  At least I'll be able to judge the physical size and hopefully they will let me pick up the tube of the 10" so I can check what the weight feels like for moving it around.

I've also been playing around with processing of the images I've take so far using the barn door tracker.  Nothing worth posting yet, but I can see that I have at least one decent image of Andromeda from my 55mm lens which might be presentable with some work. I'll post it when I have something.

No comments:

Post a Comment